Happy Holidays to you all! Hope you are enjoying the season and finding time for family, friends, and remembering the true meaning of Christmas!
This year, I discovered something new. Something INGENIUS! And something so addicting! If you haven't yet discovered it, you will. My new favorite thing is Pinterest. This is a site that can't be discribed quickly. So what I will share with you is a few of the Holiday Treats that I made this year with my family with recipes I found on Pinterst!
The first is a Sweet N' Salty treat using pretzels, Kisses & M&M's, the recipe is found HERE. Holiday Pretzel Treats
Bite-size, Holiday Shaped Pretzels
Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug
1. Heat the oven to 170F. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug.
2. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M's candy into the center of each Kiss.
3. Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bags and tie on colorful ribbons.
(Picture from Source)
My next treat is Candy Cane Blossoms, recipe found HERE or on a bag of candy cane hershey kisses.Candy Cane Blossoms
1 bag Hershey;s Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Red and Green colored sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 - 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Yields approximately 35 cookies. (Picture from source)