Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Talapia Fish Cakes-Super Nummy!!!

Hello everyone!

I love fish. Especially seafood! I always buy Talapia, it seems the most versatile, and I make fish tacos for my lunches...{I'll have to remember to post my recipe!!!} But I was getting burnt out on my tacos. I saw an episode of Chopped on the
Food Network where someone made a fish cake...So me being me, I thought, "Hey, I can do that"...I tried researching Talapia Fish Cakes, but I couldn't find any recipe using this fish, so what I did was took a few different recipes to fit my flavor profile and adapted it to fit the beautiful fish that is Talapia...lol...

Here's what I came up with! Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you adapt it or add changes to it so that I can maybe try them out sometime!
Talapia Fish Cakes
Makes 6-8 cakes

2 Talapia Fillets {dusted with S&P and fried in oil then flaked}
2 Tlb Oil {I use Olive Oil, just cause I love it!}
Salt & Pepper {To Taste, I also add some to the batter}
1 Onion {Chopped & Cooked for 1 minute}
1/4 c. Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cheyenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Egg {lightly beaten}

1. Fry and flake seasoned Talapia in oil {about 2 minutes on each side}
2. Fry onions for 1 minute. Set aside. Add 2 Tlb. oil to pan and heat.
3. Create your fish cakes by adding all ingredients to a bowl, mixing until just combined.
4. Spoon into smaller patties and place in hot oil. Fry on each side for about 2 minutes each.
5. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice. I used Chipotle Ranch Dressing sprinkled with Dill.

I was able to get a high rating out of my husband with this recipe. He doesn't like fish, so that was a huge accomplishment for me!!!

Photobucket

No comments: