Saturday, March 24, 2012

Domestic Tip: Soft Brown Sugar

Hello everyone! Happy Weekend to you all!!!

Want to quickly share with you all a pretty neat trick I discovered this past week while making my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes!!! When I went to make these, I got all my ingredients out the night before. I noticed I had 3 half bags of brown sugar. Then I noticed why I had 3 half used bags! They were hard as a rock. And I was about to toss them and call hubby to stop at the store on his way home to pick up some more when it hit me...maybe there is a way out of this situation and I can use the left overs!

I went online, but for some reason, the words I was typing in didn't trigger any help from pinterest, yahoo or google. I remember growing up that someone would put all their brown sugar into a container and stick a bread slice or an apple slice to help keep it moist...Well, I've
obviously never thought of this because my bags have a chip clip on top! LOL...

So after remembering these tricks of the trade, I thought maybe I could put those tips to the test and see if they can bring brown sugar bricks back to life. So I took 1 brick, broke it up {which was difficult to do and messy} and put it in a container. I stuck a bread slice on top and put a lid on it. Woke up the next morning to brown sugar that was like sand beneath the toes! {Not sure that analogy is accurate as I've never stood in a bag or box of brown sugar, but it's what I imagine it would feel like! LOL}...So now I know, and I hope you will find it useful as well! I wonder how many 1/2 full bags of brown sugar I've thrown away over the years? I know more than $20 worth, that's for sure! No more wasted money over brown sugar!!!
Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Alicia said...

This is what I do as well. Learned it from my Grandma! Guess we should have our elders make a us a tip book for stuff like this! :)