Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kitchen Test: Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and quickly share with you some cupcakes I decided to give a try. I found them in an old cookbook I had around the house and decided to adapt them. I will say this, they don't look so pretty when not frosted as they look like they are
literally topped with a cookie! to me, that looks pretty cause I like a good cookie, but for some, not so much. I was going to pip frosting onto the top to make more pretty, but I felt that would be too much frosting, plus the frosting wasn't as stiff as I like for piping, so I just used a spatula and frosted. I then topped with a bittersweet chocolate drizzle and some chocolate sprinkles and man-o-man were these things tastey!!! I love testing new recipes! Yum Yum! Anyways, I hope you find them as delicious as my kiddos and hubby did!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
Yield: 24 {fill liners 1/2 full}

1 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
6 Tlb. Butter @ Room Temp
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs @ Room Temp
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Milk
2 cup Mini Chocolate Chip (or regular, doesn't matter)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, set aside.
2. Cream butter & sugars in a stand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add Peanut Butter and mix for 1 minute. Add Vanilla.
3. Combine Flour, Baking Powder & Salt.
4. Alternately add Flour Mixture with Milk to batter, beginning and ending with Flour.
5. Using a spatula, fold in Chocolate Chips.
6. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full with batter. Bake @ 350 degrees for 22 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before frosting!
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup Butter @ Room Temp
1-1/4 cup Powder Sugar {more for thicker consistency}
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Whole Milk

1. Cream Butter & Peanut Butter in a stand mixer.
2. Add Sugar & Salt.
3. Add Milk & Vanilla & Mix until smooth.
4. Frost Cupcakes. {For thinner or thicker cupcakes, add more Powder Sugar 1/4 cup at a time or 1 Tlb. Whole Milk at a time}
Chocolate Drizzle

1/2 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tlb. Whole Milk

1. Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat 30 more seconds. Repeat 1 more time if not smooth.
2. If not smooth, add more milk.
3. Drizzle over cupcakes.

Photobucket

No comments: