Monday, October 1, 2012

Caillou & Gilbert Go Camping...

Hello everyone! Happy Monday!!!

We had a very wonderful weekend here in central MN! The weather was perfect, the colors beautiful, celebrated Adam turning 3, and the Vikings wining an NFC North Game, keeping them in the #1 spot! I'm not sure how a weekend could have been much better without having to win the lottery! LOL...

We celebrated Adam's Birthday Saturday evening in the backyard around the bonfire surrounded by family. I love relaxing gatherings! We had a camp theme, which worked out perfectly with all the kiddos running around and enjoying themselves. In all the celebratory glory, I did forget 2 very important things...1. I forgot to recharge BOTH of my camera batteries, so was only able to capture half of the party and 2. We did not have room in our bellies for s'mores! How can you not have a s'more at a camping themed birthday party?!?!?! Oh well, now I have tons of pantry items to makes s'mores for a lifetime! LOL...

To help us top of the camping themed birthday party, we had a Marble Sheetcake, with Dark Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Frosting and Fondant Figures/Decorations...I think it turned out fabulous and Adam was so happy to eat his Caillou & Gilbert decorations!!!



Recipe for frosting can be found here...

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments: