Monday, July 23, 2012

Hazelnut-Moolatte Cupcakes . . .

Hey everyone! Happy Monday!

So last night it was hotter than all get out and it was trickling inside, even with all of the cool air producing. So the boys slept up in our room cause it was cooler. So I go to go to bed and 3 boys {daddy, Lance & Adam} are sprawled out on my bed, using my pillows and my blanket...It was the cutest darn site ever!!! Even Kenna ditched me to join the boys on the bed! So here I am all alone, and I went to sleep in Adam's bed...it wasn't all that bad! Hehehe...

So this morning I woke up, not remembering where I was and super groggy and get a phone call that our puppy Kenna was at the neighbors because she dug a hole under the fence...not what you want to wake up to at 7:30 in the morning! So since I was awake, I thought everyone else should be too and decided to get my butt kicked at Turbo Kick, which it did...

So now, here we are just before lunch time and I thought I would share a quick recipe with you all! I LOVE Hazelnut Moolattes and had a craving for one the other day, but I also had a craving for a cupcake...but I couldn't have both...or could I? Try them out and see what you think!!!

Hazelnut Moolatte Cupcakes & Frosting
{Yields 12}

1/3 c. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 c. Heavy Cream
1/2 c. Butter @ Room Temp
3/4 c. Sugar
1        Egg
2 tsp.  Vanilla
1-1/4 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Buttercream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare muffin pan.
2. Place chocolate chips in a bowl, heat heavy cream in a double boiler until steaming hot, not boiling. Pour over Chocolate Chips, let it sit for 30 seconds and stir until creamy. Cool to room temperature before adding to cupcake batter...
3. Combine dry ingredients to a medium bowl, set aside.
4. While ganache is cooling, cream butter & sugar until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
5. Slowly add the ganache to stand mixer until well combined. Scrape sides & add egg & vanilla and mix 2 minutes.
6. Slowly add flour mixture and buttermilk in alternating batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape sides as needed...
7. Fill liners 1/2 full, bake for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 12-15 min. until they bounce back when you press on them {depending on oven}.
8. Allow to cool completely before frosting

Hazelnut Latte Buttercream
{Yields 2 cups}

1/2 c. Butter @ Room Temp
2-1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
2 Tlb. Sugar Free Hazelnut Flavoring
1 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
3-5 Tlb. Heavy Cream {Depending on how thick you want it}

1. Cream butter for 1 minute, slowly add powdered sugar until powdery.
2. Hazelnut Flavoring and Coffee.
3. Add Heavy Cream 1 Tlb. at a time until desired consistency is reached {About 5 minutes total mixing time} 
4. Frost & Enjoy!!!

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments: