Friday, August 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Pizza Crust!!!

Hello everyone! Happy TGIF!!!

So I know I'm not the best at keeping up with my blogging, but sometimes, I forget that I was gonna post, next thing I know, weeks have gone by. Oh wells...

Anyways, just wanted to share a couple of ideas using a really easy pizza crust recipe that doesn't need any time to rest or rise. However, you can make a day in advance if you feel up to it cause it won't hurt anything! So I hope you find these tips/recipes useful and remember, if you test it out for yourself, please come back and let me know so I can try your stuff out!

Easy Peasy Pizza Crust
{It made 3 calzones & 1 large pizza}

1 package of Instant Dry Yeast
1 c. Warm Water
1/3 c. Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
4 c. Flour
1 Tlb. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Salt

1. Combine Yeast & Water in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, combine remaining ingredients and using bread attachment, knead dough for 5 minutes. Add yeast/water & knead another 5 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the sides.
3. Use as you wish! For my pizza, I rolled it out onto the pan and baked for 5 minutes at 425, then I took it out and added my toppings before rebaking again...

Calzones:
I used the pizza crust recipe to roll out a 6" slab, add sauce & toppings to half the circle, fold over the half without the toppings and then pinch the sides over the top. Once everything is folded and secured, I slit the top of to allow air to get in and cook more evenly. You can add absolutely any topping/sauce combo you want. There is unlimited possibilities!!!

Margarita Pizza

Pizza Crust
Fresh Mozzarella
Tomato, sliced & halved
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

1. Roll out your crust, bake @ 425 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Add olive Oil as your sauce & sprinkle with S&P.
3. Add fresh slices of Mozzarella, Tomatoes & Basil.
4. Bake @ 425 for 15 minutes.{I bake mine with the basil, but you can add this after the cooking time for a fresher flavor if that is more your style...}

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments: