Hello everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the start of the school year!
This is my absolutely most favorite time of the year. I love everything about fall. Colors, sweaters, breezy sunny days. Crisp clean air. Football, tailgating, game time food!!! Even the acorns showering my house like hail! I wish it could be like this all year long!!!
We had a 30 degree temperature drop yesterday within the span of 3 hours. It went from super hot with AC going to super chilly, house shut tight and me in my sweats after doing Zumba in my living room! Crazy, but I just love the feel of falling asleep snug as a bug wrapped up tight in my blanket and sweats!!!
Anyways, for me, to kick off fall, I hoard up tons of ideas for crafts, baking and decorating. A few times a week, I pull out a few of my stashed ideas and put them to good use!
So today, I'd like to share with you one of my most favorite recipes! Also a great way to use up your last 2 very ripe bananas!!! Guarantee these will taste delish and not last long...you may even have to double the recipe!!!
These are my Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. The recipe makes a scant 12 count. For more frosting, use another 1/2 recipe...If you have a stand mixer, this recipe literally only takes 5 minutes to make! Super easy peasy!For the cupcakes:
1/4 c. Butter at room temp
1/3 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-1/4 c. Flour
1-1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in your egg and then add vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
5. Mash up your bananas in another small bowl.
6. Add flour mixture and bananas to your egg mixture in alternate batches (I don't pay too much attention to what you begin or end with, doesn't matter too much).
7. Fill your cupcake liners about 1/2 full with batter. (The batter is thick, I use an icecream scooper and only fill it up 1/2 way with batter for each cupcake...)
8. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Honey-Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
1-1/4 c. Powder Sugar
1/2 c. Butter at room temp.
1 Tlbs. Honey
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tlbs. Half & Half
1. Cream butter till fluffy.
2. Add powder sugar and cinnamon.
3. Add Honey & Cream until smooth and desired consistency. (For thinner consistency, add 1 Tlbs. of Half & Half.)
Hugs, Heather R.